At Zestard, through constant learning and hands-on practicing, the development has gained expertise at developing flex applications. Over the years, flex developers at Zestard have achieved great amount of proficiency in delivering qualified Adobe Flex solutions. Our core expertise lies at creating highly intuitive, interactive and expressive web and desktop applications based on Flex/Flash/AIR.
Flex is a complete, powerful application development solution for creating and delivering cross platform rich Internet applications (RIAs) within the enterprise and across the web. It enables the creation of expressive and interactive web applications that can reach virtually anyone on any platform.
The main components of a flex application are:
1. MXML: An XML-based markup language to build and lay out graphic user interfaces.
2.Action Script: The core language of Flash Player controlling user interactivity and integration with server-side scripts.
3.Class Libraries: Libraries are a set of user interface components to enable developers to use predefined components including buttons, list boxes, trees, data grids, several text controls, and various layout containers. Developers can also create custom components if required.
Flex application development process consists of following major steps:
1. Define the application user interface using pre-defined components (forms, buttons, and so on)
2. Create new custom components if required
3. Use CSS styles and images to enhance the visual design
4. Add dynamic behavior by event handling to define interaction among components based on user actions
5. Define and connect to data services to load data from external data sources as needed
6. Build the source code into an SWF file that runs in the Flash Player